Thursday 21 January 2010

The demented bride finally pulls her finger out

Piles of bridal magazines littered around the house - check.
Numerous pieces of literature from various bridal companies offering their services - check.
Venue, church, music, photographer and marquee booked - check.
Anything else remotely to do with impending wedding decided, booked and blissfully finished - not a chance! I've known that I'm getting married for nearly a year now but it only hit me on the chime of 12 0'clock New Year's Eve that it is actually happening this year, in the not too distant future and apart from securing the few essential and necessary requirements I have done diddly squat about it.

Given that I am taken to worrying about the smallest thing and have been known to stress to the point of mild hysteria then I find myself in a potentially forehead vein popping moment. Add to that the fact that I am on a self imposed alcohol ban until the end of this month then the results could be catastrophic! But before I going running to the hills in a state of panic I am taking a deep breath and reaching for the bottle of alcohol free perspective. I have six months till I say "I do", mother is a wedding dress designer so I don't have to spend dispairing days trawling around various bridal wear shops in search of the perfect dress only to end up in floods of tears because everyone I try on just isn't 'the one' and I have a fantastic group of people around me that will do their best to organise my disorganised, chaotic life, point me in the right direction and calm my ever fraying nerves when I start reaching for my running shoes with the hills in sight!

So, if like me you are also about to make one of the biggest commitments of your life, or have already done so and are sat there smug in the knowledge that all this is behind you, then join me as I count down to the big day and share in my trials and tribulations as I try to create the perfect day with no experience in this field whatsoever. Buckle up as I make no promises that this will be a smooth and pain free ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment