Sunday 31 January 2010

In Which DB is a Recovering Snotty Grotty

This week I has mostly been...snotty! This does not an attractive future bride make. Everywhere I have gone I've left a trail of tissues in my wake and I have been sounding very much like Darth Vader on a bad day.

Working outside in the rain and snow has also not helped matters and I have spent the week feeling more than a little bit sorry for myself. Top this off with the fact that I have been bitten, trodden on and pulled around in all directions and I am failing to see the funny side. But before you start raising your eyebrows, Ben and I aren't into any of that weird, kooky, masochistic kinda stuff, I work with horses and if you're for one minute thinking that a man is demanding and temperamental then you should spend a day working on a yard with thoroughbreds that nurse egos the size of Mount Vesuvius. These aren't your run of the mill welsh cob types, or, say, Su Bos of the horsey world, oh no these are the ultra beautiful, but nownright bizarre and wacky Angelina Jolies who don't like to be told what to do and will do anything to put you in your place. I have the bruises to prove it!!

Moaning aside, my job is saving me a fortune in gym fees. I go to work and spend eight hours a day doing all kinds of physical work and get paid for it. Fantastic! I'd got more than a little slack in the healthy eating/exercise department over summer and I was toying with the idea of starting some fad diet that I would give up after only one week when the urge for chocolate became too great. Now I can eat almost anything I want (within reason) and I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to run five miles just to compensate for it. Thank heavens for small mercys!

Therefore, my advice to any brides out there wanting to shape up... get a job working on a yard shovelling poop and being pulled from pillar to post. It may not be glamourous but it sure does flatten the stomach and tone up those bingo wings!!

So that's it, snotty grotty's offering of the day. I apologise that it is not very wedding orientated but there are times when even DB has to step back and distance herself from the stress of it all. That said, you'll all be pleased to hear that Reverend has proved himself to be a man of modern times and has been in touch by email to discuss matrimonial arrangements. We are to meet up this week and bring any plans we have made along with us. Well...I have a pretty good idea who I'm marrying and a rough idea at what time I'd like the ceremony to take place but as for the rest, I'm just going to have to wing it and hope that I look like I know what I'm doing. I've managed it this far...!

No comments:

Post a Comment