Friday 19 March 2010

In Which DB Stresses About her Hen Do, Don't, Do, Don't...

How, pray tell, do you arrange a get together with a large group of really special friends and find a date that everyone can make? If anyone has the answer to this PLEASE let me know!!
For the last few weeks I have been going round and round and left and right and side to side trying to find a weekend that everyone (or at least the majority) can make and so far I keep hitting that proverbial brick wall. AAAARRRRHHH!!! I'm seriously considering having a Hen Don't. Is it really worth all this hassle just so I can go out dressed in some hideously embarrassing outfit, to end up in some cringeworthy situations and drink more than the entire guests at my wedding...well...yes it really is.
It's an age old tradition and a great excuse to get together with all your favourite girlies and have them all to yourself for one night. How often do you get the chance to have all these fantastic people together when even though you try you never do get off your arse and arrange these monthly get togethers you've been promising. Come on, admit it, we all do it.
Of course, the problem is you never can get all these people together, in the same place, on the same night and now I'm left with the dilema of finding a date for the majority to the sacrifice of
the few. But I want them all!!!! So I pleading with you all, any solutions to this hair pulling dilema and this DB will be indebted to you forever...answers on a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain DB. I am yet to book a date for the wedding and it seems everyone else has ideas about when it should be already, because I have to fit in with everyone elses' holidays/school holidays/other weddings/birthdays/
    anniversaries/christmas/jobs/BBQ's/festivals etc etc...

    I'm dreading organising a Hen Do already! Good luck with your planning... I try and keep in mind that the people who really want to part of your special day/Hen Do will show up come hell or high-water - and whether that means only 2 friends from a list of 50 show up, then at least you have 2 people who really love you and think celebrating with you is the most special thing going on (at least for that day).

    ReplyDelete