Tuesday 16 February 2010

In Which DB and The Significant Other Are More Than a Little Unromantic

With our wedding fast approaching and spring just around the corner you would probably have expected The Significant Other and I to have been overflowing with love and bestowing gooey romantic gestures on each other this Valentines Day. The actual truth of the matter is that we both quite forgot what day it was until around mid afternoon and by then any little gesture would have felt forced and contrived.
It's not that either of us are uptight, bah humbug, love smug scrooges. We both enjoy a soppy moment and a kiss and cuddle on the sofa as well as the rest. Neither is it that we have both been in remote parts of the world for the last few days, surrounded by pigs, chickens and camels far away from any kind of civilisation. The Significant Other does work away during the week but I'm pretty sure Darlington is only up the motorway.
No, MY excuse for being so forgetful and plain unromantic is that I'd spent the two days previous either hugging the toilet or squatting on it due to a severe case of sickness and diarrohea. I don't remember the last time I felt so ill, except prehaps after a particularly heavy night on the vino, but as I said I don't quite remember... No, this particular bout was so bad I wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemy. In fact, I firmly believe it could be the ultimate weapon in the fight against war. Infect the enemy with this nasty little virus and they'd all be to preoccupied calling Huey down the big white telephone to worry about blowing people up!
Well, that's my excuse for not remembering anyway. As for The Significant Other, well, you'll just have to ask him, but it's my birthday next week and all I can say is that I better get a bloody good birthday present! I can forgive one little slip up!!
On to wedding news. Due to being out of action recently I haven't managed a huge amount of planning, organising etc this last week, I have, however, been measured (which was actually not too terrible due to aforementioned sickness causing waist to shrink and stomach to almsot flatten), tweaked the design of my dress, booked the organist and sent off colour swatches to Vicky so that she can work on our invites, encorporating the colours and no doubt coming up with something fabulous. I wait with baited breath!
The Reverend from our local parish has been emailed although I haven't as yet had a reply and I may have to start mission pester. And, as if that wasn't quite enough for one week, I have even chosen one of the readings and all three of the hymns. Phew. Even two days making close friends with the toilet can't keep a good girl down!

Next week...first cotton fitting. So excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment