Tuesday 9 February 2010

In Which DB and the Significant Other Meet the Reverend and Sign on the Dotted Line

Call me naive or just a little bit too blasé, but when it comes to this wedding malarkey I really didn't realise how much leg work there is when planning for the big day. Usually, I find it hard enough to remember to put my knickers on the right way, let alone working out a seating plan, ordering save the dates, invites, name cards..., buying favours, gifts and choosing flowers, hiring cars, booking venues, hotels etc as well as deciding what style dress I want, what colour the bridesmaids dresses should be and and what the hell we're going to do with the dog on the day in question. (The Significant Other has put his foot down and refused my request to let her walk down the aisle with me wearing a gigantic bow around her pretty little whippet head!)

My cranium is already swimming with these endless lists, and now, after a cosy Friday night with the Reverend, my list has just grown somewhat and I fear there is not enough sauvignon blanc in this world to carry me through. I now have to add to my already thronging list the following: Find contact number of our local parish church and speak to them about reading our bands, choose/write readings and decide who to ask to read them, write own prayer of thanksgiving (Reverend's idea met with a mortified look from Significant Other) otherwise chose one from recommended list, decide which hymns we would like and, finally, see if our dwindling budget will stretch to a choir as well as bells or whether something is going to have to give. Costs are spiralling and my nerves are diminishing. Nothing, it appears, comes for free!

On a more relaxed note, the Reverend it seems is a really lovely, albeit ever so slightly off the wall lady who offered us tea and biscuits and didn't even chastise me when she asked me a question and I replied with the rather inappropriate, "Oh God, I haven't even thought about that" Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment